Meat and Tomatos over Penne2014-09-23
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 60m
A Delicious if mildly generic italian dish: – MirithD
- 1 lb Meat 1/2" diced, or otherwise bite-size pieces: Can be anything really, or any combination of things that go together. My roommates and I prefer Shrimp and Italian Sausage (Ideally together), but I've done pork and chicken as well.
- 1 lb Penne (Or preferred Pasta)
- 1 Can diced Tomatoes in garlic and Olive Oil (Finely Diced if you like the chunky bits less like me)
- 1/2 Medium Onion finely diced (Optional)
- 1 Teaspoon of diced Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Spices (Use to taste, I don't measure): Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper Dash of Cinnamon (Quickly over powers the taste), Dried Red Pepper Flakes, Basil.
Dice the meat. Heat up the olive oil in a pan to medium/medium high (depends on meat).
Toss in garlic and onion, let simmer in olive oil a moment, then toss in the meat, salt and pepper it. Cook until meat is mostly done.
Reduce heat to medium/medium Low depending on meat. Add can of tomatoes, and all the spices, vinegar.
Cook the pasta in the meantime.
Serve the tomatoes and meat over the pasta. Add cheese if you like.
Longer you cook, the tougher the meat might get, but the more flavored the tomatoes get. If you are less lazy (unlike me), you can pull the meat off and add them in on the end.