- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pepita seeds, toasted
- 3 green onion/shallots, finely sliced
- ½-1 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil (or if your sun dried tomatoes came in oil you can use that oil)
- Pinch cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
Dry roast the quinoa grain in a saucepan, without oil, stirring every 10-20 secs over medium heat for about 5 minutes, till it just becomes aromatic. DO NOT LET IT BURN.
Add the water, 1 tbsp salt and taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes. The water will be absorbed, but if cooked before water is absorbed, then drain.
Dry roast the pepita seeds in a saute pan over medium heat till fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. REMOVE FROM PAN AS SOON AS THEY START TO POP!
Keeping some shallots and sun-dried tomatoes as garnish, add all the ingredients and thoroughly combine.
Taste and adjust seasonings.