Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage2014-09-30
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 9:000 h
- Ready In : 9:15 h
I use all beer instead of water but I can’t fit nearly as much liquid into my crockpot as this recipe calls for. – Cowbell
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1 (4 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 6 ounces beer
- 1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables. Pour the beer over the brisket. Sprinkle on the spices from the packet, cover, and set the cooker on Low.
Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and cook for 1 more hour.